Rent, Mortgage and Utility Assistance Available
Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission continues to offer assistance to households impacted by COVID-19 with past due rent or mortgage payments and to prevent water and sewer disconnections. Gas, electric and bulk fuel (propane) assistance is also available through multiple programs.

New funding appropriated to the agency expands the agency’s capability to serve those who continue to be impacted by the COVID19 pandemic. Guidelines vary among programs, with some being at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level or a higher threshold of 80% of the Area Median Income of the county in which a client resides. Benefits also vary as well. It is suggested that anyone past due with rent, mortgage or a utility contact the local office for more details.

COVID19 impact must be documented. Income documentation for all household members for the past 30 days or 12 months, (one program requires 3 total months income documentation, but clients may qualify based on the past 30 days), along with social security numbers, eviction notices, past due mortgage notices, water/sewer disconnection notice, photo ID, proof of U.S. citizenship/legal residency for all household members, and other documentation must be presented. Due to COVID19 restrictions, and the safety and well-being of community and staff, the application process must be started via phone only, no in-person applicants. Please call your local KHCA office.

Coshocton County 740-622-9801

Knox County 740-397-0378

Holmes County 330-674-6479

Ashland County 419-281-4327